You will complete four mandatory units - which are standard modules regardless of the business in which you work:
- manage own performance in a business environment
- improve own performance in a business environment
- work in a business environment
- communicate in a business environment.
In addition to these, you will choose units from a wide selection to fit around the job role you undertake, ensuring that you cover all of the criteria, whilst making sure you get the most from your training.
You will also complete a workbook of lessons and activities to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of administration, covering the following units:
- the principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- the principles of providing Administrative Services
- the principles of managing information and producing documents
- the principles of maintaining stationary stock.
Functional skills - maths, English and ICT level 1 are studied, along with employment rights and responsibilities, and (PLTS) Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
The course will also help develop independent enquiry, creative thinking, reflective thinking, team working, self-management and effective participation.