What does the course involve?
You will complete six mandatory units - which are standard modules regardless of the business in which you work, which will include workbooks/ self-study regarding the principles and understanding of business:
- Communication in a business environment.
- Principles of proving administrative services.
- Principles of business document production and information management.
- Understand employer organisations.
- Manage personal performance and development.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
In addition to these, you will choose units from a wide selection to fit around the job role you undertake, ensuring that you cover all of the criteria, whilst making sure you get the most from your training.
Functional skills - maths, English and ICT level 1 are studied, along with employment rights and responsibilities, and (PLTS) Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
The course will also help develop independent enquiry, creative thinking, reflective thinking, team working, self-management and effective participation.