What does the study programme involve?
The course involves you studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- introduction to motor vehicle workshop safety, the maintenance and repair industry and workshop tools and equipment
- introduction to engine components and operation, steering and suspension, cooling and lubrication systems, braking systems, wheels and tyres
- introduction to fuel, transmission and ignition systems.
You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, and other skills associated with working on motor vehicles.
The course also includes:
- NOCN induction award
- one functional skill to entry level 3.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.