At Curious Kittens children have the opportunity to gain new experiences in a bright, warm, friendly and caring atmosphere. We have spacious and well-equipped classrooms plus outdoor play areas with safety surfaces, slides and climbing frames.
Our emphasis is on learning through play, and our extensive programmes have been developed to enhance and promote all aspects of a child’s development. Programmes are reviewed and changed regularly to accommodate the specific needs of the children in our care.
Our programmes are:
- structured and fun
- educational and interesting
- testing but not daunting
- encouraging and not restricting
- promoting both individual and team work.
Our experienced staff are all CRB checked, fully trained and qualified to work with young children. All are committed to meeting the needs of the individual children in our care. We have a commitment to continuing professional development, and all staff attend courses regularly to update their training and keep it current.
Ofsted Graded Outstanding!
Our nurseries were judged as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2012!
At Curious Kittens we aim to:
- provide nursery facilities for infants and children up to school entry age
- support parents by ensuring their children are looked after in a safe, happy, caring and stimulating environment, leaving them with the peace of mind to study or work to the best of their ability
- provide activities designed to promote children’s personal, social and emotional development, develop their language, literacy, communication and maths skills as well as increasing their understanding and knowledge of the world around them
- assist the individual child to achieve their full potential, supported by a key carer for each child
- foster a non-racist, non-sexist attitude and promote an equal opportunity policy and practice within the nursery
- ensure good communication with parents to enable the needs of the individual child to be met.
Curious Kittens has created an inviting and child friendly environment. They make good use of resources to provide a good range of learning experiences and to ensure that children are safe.(Ofsted quote)
Our Kids’ Club provides after school and holiday care for school children up to 11 years of age.
Open Monday to Friday
- After School Club - 3.00pm to 5.45pm
- Holiday Club - 8.15am to 5.45pm
At Curious Kittens Kids’ Club children have the opportunity to make new friends and experience new activities in a bright, warm, friendly and caring atmosphere.
Children are free to relax or be as active as they wish. They are encouraged to help plan the programme for each week’s activities and occasional trips are organised.
We collect children from local schools by car or on foot. Cars used are fitted with seat belts and booster seats; they are fully insured for this purpose and driven by qualified, experienced drivers. When walking, children are escorted by staff in small groups and wrist straps are used if appropriate.
You may rest assured your child will be well occupied and have enormous fun in a safe environment in the hands of caring and professional staff, all fully trained, experienced and qualified to work with this age group.
Children aged under six months
Children aged six months to three years
- Full day: 8.15am to 5.45pm £34
- Half day: 8.15am to 12.45pm or 1.15pm to 5.45pm £18
Children aged from three to five years
- Full day: 8.15am to 5.45pm £33
- Half day: 8.15am to 12.45pm or 1.15pm to 5.45pm £17.50
Please note: our fees are increased annually in August, therefore it is advisable to check the date of this booklet and contact the nursery if you require an update on fees for the autumn term 2012 onwards.
- After School Club: 3.00pm to 5.45pm - £7.00 per session
- Holiday Club: 8.15am to 5.45pm - *£2.50 per hour
* Special rates are available during the school holidays for children attending 9.00am to 3.00pm for three days or more in any one week.There is a reduced rate of £10.00 per day. Additional hours are calculated on the hourly rate (£2.50 per hour).
Help With Fees
- Most students are eligible for funding to cover childcare costs; through the Learner Support Fund or the Care to Learn Fund (under 19 year olds). Please contact Student Services on 01752 305381/305804.
- All three and four year old children receive government funding which entitles them to five, two and a half hour sessions free per week.
- Working parents may be able to claim Tax Credits. Please contact your local tax office.
Please note our fees are increased annually in August.
Open Monday to Friday 8.15am - 5.45pm
Kings Road Centre
Tel: 01752 305345
Tel: 01752 305060