What does the course involve?
The course covers:
- assessing priorities of care
- CPR and all aspects of basic life support (BLS) for babies and children
- managing unconsciousness
- control of bleeding and the treatment of minor wounds
- care and use of first aid equipment
- recognition and treatment of burns and scalds
- recognition and treatment of fractures and soft tissue injuries
- recognise and treat common injuries and illnesses until the arrival of medical aid
- overview of relevant legislation, reporting and recording.