A Traineeship is a training programme with work experience that will give you the skills and experience that employers are looking for and includes:
- a minimum six week work experience placement with a local employer
- English and maths support (if required)
- work preparation training to ensure you are ready and have the confidence to take the first step in your career, such as an Apprenticeship or a job!
You could be suitable for a Traineeship if you are:
- aged 16-18 and are qualified below level 3 (A Level equivalent), or aged 19-23 and qualified below level 2 (GCSE equivalent)
- unemployed (or working less than 16 hours per week)
- motivated to work.
The Benefits of a Traineeship
A Traineeship will:
- be tailored to suit your skills and personal goals
- cover job-related topics such as CV building
- include a work experience placement with a local employer
- help improve your English and maths skills if required
- prepare you for an Apprenticeship or give you the confidence to move into paid work!