Select a Category
College Staff Celebrated at Awards Ceremony
21 June 2019 | College News
City College Plymouth staff were recognised for their outstanding achievements throughout the year at the College’s annual staff awards ceremony on Wednesday 19 June.
Jackie Grubb, the College’s Principal & Chief Executive, hosted the celebration event and the Lord Mayor Councillor Richard Ball presented the awards, following a two-course lunch in the College’s student-run PL1 restaurant.
Jackie said: “The staff awards is an opportunity to recognise and celebrate the excellent work that goes on across the College. It’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ to those members of staff who have demonstrated their commitment to delivering outstanding services to our students and other stakeholders.”
Winners announced were:
- Best Individual Achievement – Brian Banks (Lecturer – Science, Access to Higher Education and Science)
- Outstanding Customer Focus – Glenda Jones (General Support Administrator, Centralised Admin Function)
- Best Team – Finance Team
- Innovation in Teaching and Learning – Martin Boulter (Lecturer – Marine Construction Systems and Maintenance, Marine Industry Technologies)
- Leadership – Karen O’Riley (Sector Administration Team Leader, Centralised Admin Function)
- Support My Colleague – Darren Kimmince (Associate Lecturer, Functional Skills, English and Maths).
Also recognised were those who have given 20 years’ service to the College:
- Joanne Cocksey (Lecturer in Computing and Games Development)
- David Carlton (Training/Case Officer for Pre-Employment Programmes)
- Kevin Huggins (Frontline IT Support Manager)
- Sharon Hopkins (Academy Manager for Business)
- Robert Scott (Technician in Media, Digital and Performing Arts)
- Gareth Watkins (Moodle and Media Team Manager)
- Michelle Hopkins (Exams Registry Assistant, Exams)
- Alison Chapman (Lecturer in Business).