Accounting and Finance
Course Code: UF2476, UX2476
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Foundation Degree
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years
When you'll study: Wednesdays, 1.30pm- 7.00pm (part-time)
Are you looking for a degree level course in accounting and finance? This two year Foundation Degree is awarded by the University of Plymouth and offers a fantastic opportunity if you want to become an accountant or take on more responsibility for company finances within your current organisation. You’ll learn how to prepare and analyse financial information in order to make effective business decisions in areas such as performance evaluation, capital expenditure and raising finance. You will also consider these issues and how they sit within the workings of the stock market and the legal constraints of the professional accounting system. Successful completion of this course will enable you to go on to a top-up BA (Hons) degree in Accounting and Finance at the University of Plymouth, or join the third year of a number of business-related degrees at universities nationwide. Looking for ACCA accreditation? Students could be awarded up to eight exemptions from the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) following successful completion of this course and the third year ‘top up’ at the University of Plymouth.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- managing financial information – develop an understanding of systems for accessing financial information
- professional accounting – key aspects of financial accounting
- economic environment for business – national and European business environment
- legal aspects of business – develops essential knowledge and skills relating to key aspects of law impacting business
- fundamentals of management and financial decision making
- personal development.
- financial accounting – develops knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- research methods
- management accounting for decision making – develops a critical evaluation of costing information required by businesses to facilitate decision making
- financial planning and policy – examines the financial and budgetary planning used by organisations
- macroeconomic issues
- strategy and innovation.
In previous years students have had the opportunity to visit local firms, hear from guest speakers including leading accounting professionals, and some have benefited from experience working in an accounting environment.
We welcome applications from those who have all of the following:
- 32 UCAS tariff points
- four GCSEs at grades 4 (C) or above, preferably to include English and maths
- equivalent qualifications
- relevant work experience.
Should entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through a mixture of coursework and examinations.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the final year of the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree at the University of Plymouth
- the second or final year of business degree programmes at a range of universities
for international students with English as a second language, the one year BA (Hons) International Finance top-up degree at the University of Plymouth
- a wide range of careers in business, management, personnel, marketing, finance, accounting and public administration.
For those students wishing to attain professional status the course provides some valuable exemptions from accounting exams awarded by professional bodies including ACCA and ICAEW.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UF2476
A Full Course Fee: £6950
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.