Are you an experienced advice or guidance practitioner who works directly with clients, giving information, advice, guidance or formal advocacy? This NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Advice and Guidance can be studied here at City College Plymouth. We will formalise your experience of management and training with a nationally recognised qualification.
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Advice and Guidance consists of 37 credits.17 units are mandatory and include:
- developing interactions with advice and guidance clients
- managing personal caseload
- evaluating and developing your own contribution to the service
- operating within networks
- understanding the importance of legislation and procedures.
The remaining 20 credits can be chosen from a wider range of optional units including:
- supporting clients to make use of advice and guidance services
- preparing clients through advice and guidance for the implementation of a course of action.
There are no specific entry requirements, however you will need a good level of English and be in an appropriate job role with the relevant responsibilities in your workplace as this is a competence-based qualification.
There are no formal examinations. Assessment will be through a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed through a range of methods, including professional discussion, observation, product evidence, witness testimonies and Q&A.
On successful completion of the course, you may progress into the careers advice sector or continue on to higher education
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)