If you want to work in a spa, a health resort or start your own career as a massage therapist, this could be the course for you. It is an advanced qualification that will equip you with a range of specialist skills and knowledge required for working in the beauty or complementary therapies sector. You will learn to execute massage techniques, study theories, gain underpinning knowledge and learn how to implement business practices.
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the beauty and complimentary therapies sector, including:
- principles and practices for complementary therapies
- business practice for complementary therapies
- knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathologies for complementary therapies
- body massage for complementary therapies.
In order to be successful on this course you will need one of more of the following:
- a level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy
- a level 2 qualification in Anatomy and Physiology
- relevant industry experience
- 5 GCSE, A-C (9-4) including science, maths and English or equivalent
- mature students may be exempt from this requirement if they have appropriate work experience/life skills or additional qualifications. Students will need to demonstrate enthusiasm and interest.
There are two externally set and moderated theory exams, along with four internally marked practical observations. You will also be required to complete a portfolio of work, including some assignments.
You will be assessed through practical observations in a realistic environment with paying clients.
On successful completion of this course, you will benefit from enhanced employment opportunities in the beauty or complimentary therapies sector. You may also wish to use your new skills to start your own freelance business. You will also have the qualification to progress to the Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Complementary Therapies or the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy at the College.
“Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2016/17 (August 2016 – July 2017). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to foundation degrees or access to higher education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)”
Course Code: APM3
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): £50
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £2200
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.