Do you want to explore your artistic side? Or maybe you already have a flair for art and design and you want to take the first steps to turning your passion into a career? This course could be perfect for you! It starts with an introduction to artistic materials and quickly progresses to advanced techniques in drawing, textiles, sculpture, and much more. You’ll be able to show of your talent at an end of year exhibition where you and your fellow students can showcase your creations.
This course includes the following subjects:
- introduction to materials, processes and skills in art and design
- introduction to contextual research in art and design
- introduction to drawing skills
- introduction to communication skills in art and design
- solving 2D and 3D creative problems
- developing and producing a personal project in art and design.
In order to be successful on this course, you should have one or more of the following;
- GCSEs in English and maths at grade 3 (D) or above (if you do not have these qualification but have a good portfolio of existing work, you are still be able to apply)
- a level 1 qualification in art and design
- a passion for art.
There are no exams. You will be assessed on coursework which will consist of practical work, Q and A session and presentations. There will be a small amount of written work.
On successful completion of this course, you may progress to;
- the Level 3 Diploma in Media at the College
- enhanced employment opportunities.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: AD2
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.