If you are a creative person and would like to find out how to use those skills as a job then this is the course for you. You will be studying film production, photography, graphic design, painting, drawing and sculpture. The skills you will develop are diverse and will help you decide which creative skill will set you on the path to your future career.
- Introduction to materials, processes and skills in art, design and media
- Introduction to contextual research in art, design and media
- Introduction to communication skills in art, design and media
- Solving 2D creative problems
- Solving 3D creative problems
- Solving time-based creative problems
- Art, design and media project – level 1
- Art, design and media project – level 2
There are no specific entry requirements; however you must have an interest in art, design and media.
You will be assessed on coursework with practical and written aspects. There are no formal exams.
On successful completion of this course you may be able to progress to;
- level 2 Media, Games and Computing
- a level 2 course in art and design.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: AD1
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.