Assessing Vocational Achievement
Course Code: CAVA
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: Pearson
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Six months
When you'll study: Wednesdays, 4.00pm - 5.00pm
Do you work or volunteer in an assessment centre with access to a minimum of two students who are working towards their NVQ/QCF programme? This six month course in Assessing Vocational Achievement is for you if you use assessment methods and need to be qualified in all aspects of assessment. You will have to demonstrate evidence that you are assessing in the work environment and assessing in workshop or classroom-based environments.
Evidence of assessment methods include:
- observation of performance in the work environment
- examining products of work
- questioning the learner
- discussing with the learner
- use of others (witness testimony) looking at learner statements and recognising prior learning
Evidence will also include simulations, skills tests, oral and written questions, assignments, projects, case studies.
- Unit 1 Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Unit 2 Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
- Unit 3 Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
Tutorials and assessment on a one-to-one basis at the student’s place of work.
You must be working, or volunteering, in an assessment centre with access to a minimum of two students who are working towards their NVQ/QCF programme.
There are no exams. However, it is a requirement of enrolment that you submit work, contact or meet with your assessor at least once a month.
Completion of this award can lead to employment. You may also progress to internal quality assurance qualifications.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.