The Level 3 Diploma in Barbering provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as an employed and/or self-employed barber able to work on hair combining a variety of different technical skills. This qualification is ideal for those who hold a hairdressing or barbering qualification and work in a commercial barbershop/salon.
On this course, you will learn how to:
- monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- cut men’s hair to create a variety of looks
- cut facial hair to create a variety of looks
- design and create patterns in hair
- performing threading services for hair removal.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need the following:
- a GCSE (or equivalent) in English
- a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing or Barbering
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Your practical applications will be assessed through observation, oral questioning, written assignments and online exams.
On successful completion you may progress to the level 2 course in hairdressing at the College, work as an Improver in a Barber’s shop, work on a cruise ship, become a specialist technician, or pursue a junior role in a salon.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: BARBPT3
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £1600
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.