Bookkeeping Skills (Computerised)
Course Code: AABK
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: City College Plymouth
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: 15 weeks
When you'll study: Various days and times
Are you looking for a part-time bookkeeping course? This course is the perfect starting point for anyone who hasn’t had any previous bookkeeping experience, as well as those wanting to refresh or develop their skills. If you want to take on bookkeeping responsibilities at work or in relation to your own business, this course is a great starting point. It provides a flexible, modern and coherent introduction to key bookkeeping and accounting skills.
The course covers the following areas:
- preparing and processing book-keeping documents
- recording credit transactions
- making and receiving payments
- recording receipts and payments
- maintaining petty cash records
Computerised accounts will study:
- record routine bookkeeping transactions using a computerised system
- prepare and record sales and purchase documents using a computerised system
There are no specific entry requirements.
The course offers a starting point for manual and computerised bookkeeping and accounting and upon successful completion you may progress to OCRs 2 qualification in bookkeeping. You could also progress on to qualifications with professional accounting bodies such as the AAT and CIPFA.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.