Want to work in the construction sector but not yet employed? This Level 1 CSkills Bricklaying course is for you! You can train as a bricklayer at City College Plymouth with this hands-on construction training in a realistic environment that covers the theory and practice of bricklaying in our fully equipped workshops. You’ll learn how to build structures, handle and store resources, work as part of a team, prepare bricklaying materials and learn about on-site health and safety.
The main subjects covered are:
- handling and storing resources
- contributing to work relationships
- contributing to providing work platforms
- preparing materials for use (bricklaying)
- preparing components for use
- using components and materials.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements, however you must show a willingness to engage and a genuine interest in the course that will enable you to progress into employment or further education.
You will be assessed under stimulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. There will also be an externally set exam.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a level 2 bricklaying course at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
- entry level employment as a trainee bricklayer or site labourer.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DIB1
A Full Course Fee: £850
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.