Do you want to be a skilled craftsperson who can provide complex construction and bricklaying skills on-site? Do you want to produce interesting and decorative effects in the laying of bricks and blocks? This Level 3 CSkills Bricklaying course at City College Plymouth is the perfect next step. It is designed to further develop your skills and knowledge, enabling you to work to an advanced level in the construction and building industry. The main subjects covered include handling and storing resources, and decorative and complex walling.
The main subjects covered are:
- handling and storing resources
- contributing to work relationships (site management)
- preparing materials for use
- preparing and using components and materials
- building complex walling
- decorative walling
- research projects.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need at least one of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grade 9-4 (A*-C) (including maths and English) and a level 2 diploma
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- level 2 key skills (including literacy or numeracy)
- an NVQ level 2/foundation construction award
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. There will also be an externally set exam, along with end of unit tests.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DIB3
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £3000
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.