This course is designed to give you a solid understanding of the construction and built environment industry, developing your theory alongside work-ready practical skills.
Building services engineers are crucial for the installation, maintenance and design of the systems that make our building safe and usable. In addition to your overall understanding about the construction industry, including health and safety, regulations and sustainability, you will choose to specialise in one of the following areas:
- gas engineering
- heating engineering and ventilation
- plumbing and heating engineering.
T Levels are a brand-new qualification designed to give you a head start towards the future you want. They follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three A Levels.
This two-year T Level qualification brings classroom and work placement together on a course designed with employers and businesses.
You’ll spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% on a 45-day placement to give you the skills and knowledge employers are looking for.
Your T Level will help you to step straight into your chosen career, an Apprenticeship or a degree.
You will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
- health and safety
- the science behind building design, surveying and planning
- making accurate and appropriate measurements
- construction methods
- building regulations and standards
- data management and information standards in construction
- relationship management and customer service
- how the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
- digital engineering techniques
- mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
- construction design principles and processes
- the construction industry and its role in the economy
- sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- business, commerce and corporate social responsibility.
You will choose one of the following specialisms:
- gas engineering
- plumbing and heating engineering
- heating engineering and ventilation.
In our experience, to be successful on this level of programme you will need an appropriate functional level in English and maths to be able to fulfil the coursework requirements. We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following:
- five GCSEs at grades 9-4; you must have gained a grade 4 in English and a grade 5 in maths.
- a BTEC Level 2 certificate or equivalent graded merit or above
- successful completion of an Apprenticeship programme.
This course is currently only for 16 to 18-year-olds.
Assessment will be through written and practical examinations, employer projects, group work, presentations and analysis.
On successful completion of the T Level you may progress to:
- the Foundation Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering at the College
- university-level study in a related subject, including nursing, at institutions throughout the UK
- an Apprenticeship
- employment in a variety of jobs, for example: engineering construction technician; heating and ventilation engineer; domestic appliance service engineer, gas service technician or plumber.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: TLBSEC
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||FREE|
|19 - 23||FREE|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.