If you’re a bright spark with a brain for business, this advanced course will develop your entrepreneurial spirit and train you to make important business decisions. When you successfully complete the full two year course, you will have a qualification that is equivalent to three A Levels and is accepted by universities UK wide. You’ll also have a wealth of business know-how and practical skills, such as investigating business activity, developing customer relations and planning financial control.
This diploma is built around five main themes:
- starting a small business
- developing ideas (research and promotion)
- human resources
- customer service.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
You will need one or more of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C) (including English and maths)
- a BTEC first diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 2/technical certificate in a related subject
- a higher diploma
- successful completion of an Apprenticeship programme
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
There are a variety of assessments, including an exam at the end of your first year, supervised assessments and coursework.
On successful completion you may progress to:
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: D3B1D
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): £25
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £2500
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.