Course Code: UF6279, UX6280
Subject area: Media, Games & Computing
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Foundation Degree
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years (full-time), three years (part-time)
When you'll study: Various days, 9.00am - 6.30pm (part-time)
Business computing plays a vital role in the IT sector. If you want to thrive in this industry you need to be very detail-orientated, be able to combine your logical thinking with the ability to focus for long periods and have a positive, can-do attitude. Not only that, you’ll need a large dose of creativity too! On our Foundation Degree we will help you to master these skills and develop your ability to perform business and IT strategies, understand and implement IT systems security as well as systems analysis and design.
The course includes the following subjects:
• computer platforms
• project management
• analysis and design of software
• program concepts
• group research project
• business and IT strategy
• organisational systems security
• human computer interaction.
We welcome applications from those who have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths, and one or more of the following:
• 48 UCAS tariff points
• a BTEC National Award in a related subject
• an Advanced Apprenticeship
• an NVQ level 3 in a related subject
• equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Assessment will be through a mixture of coursework and examinations.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
• the final year of the BSc (Hons) Computing degree at the University of Plymouth
• a wide range of careers in the ICT industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.