The aim of this qualification is to equip you with the skills, knowledge and competence required to market, plan and deliver a successful training service. You will apply the knowledge and skills you have learned to prepare a financially sound business strategy. This qualification is particularly relevant for those wishing to work on a freelance basis.
The course covers the following areas:
- the components and the purpose of a business plan
- establishing a business within the required legal frameworks
- researching business ideas
- creating a marketing plan
- how to identify and exploit internal and external factors that can affect the business
- using targets and objectives
- product levels and how to manage the lifecycle of products and services
- building a pricing strategy and payment policy
- the importance of forecasting financial information.
You will need to hold a level 2 fitness instructor qualification and a level 2 qualification in English.
You will be assessed via a business plan project and a case study.
The course could be the foundation for entry to a level 3 business related course, as well as continuing with other CPD in the fitness industry. Upon successful completion you may progress to the YMCA Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: YMBSFP
A Full Course Fee: £175
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.