This course is designed for beginners who want to create Christmas cakes with the ‘wow’ factor. You’ll learn how to work with marzipan, cover with sugar paste, and decorate using simple and effective techniques to include crimping, embossing, cut outs to create seasonal foliage, royal icing run out letters, simple piping, swags and bows.
Over the five week course, you’ll learn the following skills;
- how to marzipan a cake and make basic leaves
- making sugar flowers and seasonal foliage
- making run-out letters and snail trail piping
- icing a cake, crimping and embossing, attaching letters and brushing embroidered leaves
- making bows and adding flowers and foliage.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
There are no exams.
On successful completion of this course, you can go on to study a range of hospitality and catering courses at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.