Cleaning and Support Service Skills
Course Code: CLG
Subject area: Hospitality & Catering
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: Certificate, City & Guilds
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Various days and times
Are you one of the growing army of professional cleaners? Now’s your chance to make sure you have the cleaning qualification to match, with the City & Guilds Diploma in Cleaning and Support Services at City College Plymouth. This is your opportunity to show what you can do with your existing experience and skills and receive a nationally-recognised accreditation for it. You may even use it to branch out to other areas, possibly setting up in business yourself.
You will chose from a range of units dependent on your job role:
- health and safety
- following organisational procedures
- team working
- clean floors manually
- clean furniture, fixtures and fittings
- clean and protect floors
- clean sanitary areas
This course uses observation of competence to demonstrate knowledge of working practices. Off-the-job training can also be used to develop and reinforce understanding where there is an identified skills gap.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of programme you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades 3-1 (D-G), including English and maths
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 1 / technical certificate in a related subject
- successful completion of the Gateway / Newstart programme
- successful completion of the PLP / Prince’s Trust programme
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience
Assessment is carried out in the workplace.
Successful students may progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Supervision of Food and Beverage Service.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.