Community and Public Service Management (Healthcare)
Course Code: UF6058, UX6058
Subject area: Public Services
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Bachelor Degree (Bachelor of Science)
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime, Evening
Duration: One year full-time, two years part-time
When you'll study: Various days and times
This Bachelor’s Degree at City College Plymouth is a top-up course focused on community healthcare service management and is relevant to anyone interested in a career as a manager or leader in the healthcare professions. The course emphasises the importance of putting theory into practice and is designed and delivered by community and public service experienced academics with excellent sector links. This ensures that graduates fully understand the complexity of delivering services in the healthcare professions and have the appropriate skills and knowledge for a successful career within the health-related public, commercial, voluntary and charitable sectors.
The course my include the following subjects:
- community and public services delivery and evaluation
- ethical decision making
- understanding addictive and compulsive behaviour
- management and leadership for change
- understanding mental health and mental illness
- community and healthcare research project.
We welcome applications from those who have a level 5 qualification in a relevant subject. Should entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment is 100% coursework which will include: essays, reports, web pages, information booklets, presentations, discussion and briefings.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
- accreditation with recognised professional bodies
- a wide range of careers within the public, community, voluntary and charitable sectors, including policing, emergency services, armed forces, probation and rehabilitation services, youth work, social work, witness and victim support.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UF6058
A Full Course Fee: £7950
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.