Would you like to work as a complementary therapist in a spa, on a cruise ship or at a 5 star hotel? Prepare yourself for a career in the complementary and wellness industry with this Diploma in Complementary Therapies.
This qualification specialises in body treatments and techniques: body massage, aromatherapy and reflexology. All these treatments are highly desirable and this is the perfect course to compliment a Level 2 or Level 3 Beauty Therapy based qualification. By expanding and improving on your technical skills and knowledge of health and wellbeing alongside health and safety practices, you will become a well-rounded industry professional.
This qualification will equip you with a range of specialist skills and knowledge required for working in the body therapies sector. You will learn to execute highly desirable therapies, study theories and gain underpinning knowledge and learn how to implement business practices.
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the complementary therapies sector, including the following mandatory modules:
- introduction to principles and practice of complementary therapies
- introduction to clinic services and business awareness for complementary therapies
- knowledge of anatomy and physiology for complementary therapies
- provide basic massage therapy techniques for complementary therapies
- provide basic aromatherapy techniques using pre-blended oils
- provide basic reflexology techniques
- introduction to healthy eating and wellbeing for the complementary therapy client.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- Level 2 in Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 in Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 in Anatomy and Physiology
- relevant industry experience
- five GCSEs, 9-4 (A-C) including science, maths and English, or equivalent (mature students may be exempt from this requirement if they have appropriate work experience/life skills or additional qualifications).
Assessment will be conducted through the following methods:
- portfolio of assignment evidence for each module
- two externally set, each 90 minutes long, multiple choice anatomy and physiology exams
- observations for three treatments for each of the practical units: massage, aromatherapy, reflexology
- case study reports for at least ten treatments for each of the practical units: massage, aromatherapy, reflexology.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DCT2
A Full Course Fee: £500
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.