It doesn’t need to cost a fortune to create delicious, home-cooked meals! This course can help you to develop the skills to prepare tasty and cheap recipes at home. You will cover a variety of subjects such as food preparation and cooking, good practice in the kitchen and beverage making. In addition to this, you will learn how to create dishes using a whole host of foods from meats and fish to grains and pulses.
This level 1 course is an introduction to food, drink and cooking comprised on the following units:
- basic food preparation and cooking
- know how to plan and cost nutritionally balanced meals
- be able to cook a meal using fresh ingredients and convenience foods
- be able to use domestic kitchen equipment to produce a meal
- be able to use different food preperation methods
- know about the importance of health and safety in a domesic kitchen.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
There are no exams for this course. However, you will be assessed on each module.
After this course, you can go on to study the Level 2 Cooking on a Budget course.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: AIP1
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.