It doesn’t need to cost a fortune to create delicious, home-cooked meals! This course can help you to develop the skills to prepare tasty recipes at home. You will cover a variety of subjects such as food preparation and cooking, good practice in the kitchen and beverage making. In addition to this, you will learn how to create dishes using a whole host of foods from meats and fish to grains and pulses.
This entry level course is an introduction to food, drink and cooking comprised on the following units:
- know different kitchen utensils and equipment
- understand the importance of preparing balanced nutritious meals
- be able to prepared hot and cold drinks
- be able to recognise good that does not need to be cooked
- be able to prepare simple hot and cold snacks
There are no entry requirements for this course.
There are no exams for this course. However, you will be assessed on each module.
After this course, you can go on to study the Level 1 Cooking on a Budget course.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.