This course is about learning many methods of hand building in ceramics, including slab building, coiling, pinching and using slump moulds, as well as methods of decorating your pots and basic glazing. You’ll also learn the basic techniques of making pottery, using hand building and mould making techniques to produce pots of your own design, and use coloured slip and impression techniques to apply surface texture and designs.
This course covers the following areas:
- the basics of using clay to construct pots of your own design
- how to cut and roll slabs of clay, then cut and construct a vessel from them
- coiling techniques to construct a pot and adding surface texture and decoration
- using a pre-made plaster slump mould, make a bowl and decorate it using coloured slips
- using the methods you have learned to design and construct a pot of your own.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
You will be assessed by coursework.
You may progress to other art and design courses at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: ADP1A
A Full Course Fee: £180
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.