With a strong focus on hands-on learning and experimentation, this exciting HND in Creative Media Production at City College Plymouth enables you to fully explore media in a real work environment. As part of your course you will work in our innovative learning company creating media products for clients. Encompassing video production, design, web design and journalism, this Higher National Certificate/Diploma will give you experience in all of these disciplines and let you specialise once you’ve decided which pathway is for you. You will work both individually and as part of a team, under the guidance of passionate professionals, to develop and gain invaluable practical skills in a variety of areas. You will work with a range of cutting-edge equipment, and have access to workshops, digital editing suites, professional HD cameras and a studio with green screen.
The course includes the following subjects:
- contextual studies for creative media production
- practical skills for moving image production
- film and video editing
- promotional video production
- research techniques
- practical skills for journalism
- new journalism for print
- page design and layout for print.
We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- a BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in an appropriate area
- a GCE A Level pass in a relevant subject
- other related level 3 qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
There are eight units of study and these will be assessed via coursework which will include written submissions, presentations and the production of working products.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
- a level 5 course at the College or a BA Hons degree at university
- a wide range of careers in the creative media industry or opportunities to freelance.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.