Creative Media Production
Course Code: UF4524
Level: 4, 5
Subject area: Media, Games & Computing
Awarding body: Edexcel
Qualification: Higher National Certificate, Higher National Diploma
Course type: Full-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year (HNC), two years (HND)
With a strong focus on hands-on learning and experimentation, this exciting course enables you to fully explore media in a real work environment. Encompassing digital video production and filmmaking, principles of design, radio/sound media and journalism, this HNC/D will give you experience in a variety of disciplines and let you specialise once you’ve decided which pathway is for you. You will work with a range of cutting-edge equipment and have access to workshops, digital editing suites, an infinity studio (with green screen) and professional 4k cameras.
The course includes the following subjects:
- contextual studies for creative media production
- practical skills for moving image production
- film and video editing
- promotional video production
- research techniques
- practical skills for journalism
- new journalism for print
- page design and layout for print.
We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- a BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in an appropriate area
- a GCE A Level pass in a relevant subject
- other related level 3 qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
There are eight units of study and these will be assessed via coursework which will include written submissions, presentations and the production of working products.
On successful completion you may be able to progress to:
- On successful completion of the HNC you can progress to the HND after which you may be able to progress to a level 5 course at the College or a BA Hons degree at university.
- a wide range of careers in the creative media industry or opportunities to freelance.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UF4524
A Full Course Fee: £7450
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.