Creative Theatre Practice
Course Code: UF5797, UX5798
Subject area: Performing Arts, Music & Live Events
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Foundation Degree
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years (full-time), four years (part-time)
This Foundation Degree will enable you to develop the creative, technical and employability skills essential for working in today’s highly diverse performing arts industry. Our industry-standard theatre and rehearsal studios will support your development, leading to exceptional theatre making and performance. You’ll be engaged in public performance work throughout the year and have the opportunity to work with other performance groups and organisations across the City.
The course includes the following subjects:
- creative process in production
- object theatre
- core techniques (voice)
- core techniques (body)
- broadcast performance
- creative actor
- creative research project
- applied production technology
- the creative professional
- creative ensemble performance.
We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS points
- five GCSEs as grade 9-4 (C or above), to include English and maths
- an Independent Safeguarding Agency (ISA)/Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required.
Acceptance on this course is by audition only. Applicants are asked to prepare a two minute monologue of their choice.
There are no formal exams.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the final year of the BA (Hons) Theatre and Performance degree at the University of Plymouth
- a range of careers within the performing arts industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.