The purpose of this qualification is to increase your digital skills, professional competence, supporting learners in their development, and using digital skills and resources to enhance teaching, thereby providing continuing professional development.
Digital Skills Professional Competence
- You will be able to understand your own digital skills learning needs.
- You will be able to understand how to improve your own digital skills.
- You will be able to communicate and collaborate effectively in developing digital practice.
- You will be able to implement digital skills in a pedagogic setting.
Supporting Learners’ Digital Skills Development
- You will be able to understand and enhance the accessibility of digital learning opportunities.
- You will be able to use digital technologies to facilitate learning.
- You will be able to use digital assessment tools to monitor and enhance the learner journey.
Using Digital Skills and Resources to Enhance Teaching
- You will be able to implement innovative approaches to teaching and learning using digital skills and resources.
- You will be able to understand how technology can support planning and approaches.
- You will be able to design and use inclusive digital resources.
The minimum age for enrolment on to this qualification is 18 years.
In order to be successful on this course you will be required to have a minimum of level 2 English and good digital skills.
This qualification is for existing training staff in further education, schools, independent training providers and local authority education providers wishing to increase their own knowledge and effectiveness in delivering digital skills.
You will be assessed through activities that are internally set by the tutor, such as written description, oral question and answers, reflective descriptions and practical demonstrations.
On successful completion of this course, you will feel confident in the delivery of discrete digital skills training within a classroom environment and will be able to embed digital skills training within separate, complementary subject areas.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DSTL
A Full Course Fee: £500
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.