Our ever-developing digital and technology advancements rely on vast amounts of infrastructure that require designing, developing and maintaining to ensure our systems work as expected.
This is a huge growth area promising plenty of excellent career opportunities. This course will develop your skills and knowledge about various digital systems and how they impact the world around us. You will also start to develop your skills as a problem-solver whilst building your knowledge of the legal requirements of this particular industry.
As part of their qualification, students will choose between one of three occupational specialisms:
- network cabling
- digital support
- digital infrastructure.
T Levels are a brand-new qualification designed to give you a head start towards the future you want. They follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three A Levels.
This two-year T Level qualification brings classroom and work placement together on a course designed with employers and businesses.
You’ll spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% on a 45-day placement to give you the skills and knowledge employers are looking for.
Your T Level will help you to step straight into your chosen career, an Apprenticeship or a degree.
You will develop an understanding of the following:
- how digital technologies impact business and the market environment
- the ethical and moral implications of digital technology
- using data in software design
- using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
- digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
- legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
- the privacy and confidentiality of personal data
- the technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
- planning digital projects
- testing software, hardware and data
- digital tools for project management and collaboration
You will choose between one of the following:
- digital infrastructure – support customers by using tools to problem-solve and troubleshoot non-routine problems. Set people up on systems and provide support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisation’s productivity.
- network cabling – install, terminate, test and certify network cable infrastructure components
- digital support – maximise the effective use of digital office technologies, productivity software and digital communications in organisations. You will install, configure and support software applications and operating systems.
In our experience, to be successful on this level of programme you will need an appropriate functional level in English and maths to be able to fulfil the coursework requirements. We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following:
- five GCSEs at grades 9-4 with a minimum of a grade 5 in maths and a 4 in English
- a BTEC Level 2 certificate or equivalent graded merit or above
- successful completion of an Apprenticeship programme.
You must have gained a minimum of a grade 4 in GCSE English and maths before starting this course.
Assessment will be through written and practical examinations, employer projects, group work, presentations and analysis.
On successful completion of the T Level you may progress to:
- university-level study in a related subject at institutions throughout the UK
- an Apprenticeship
- employment in a variety of jobs, for example: network cable installer, IT technician; research analyst, data support technician or infrastructure technician.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2022/23 (August 2022 – July 2023). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2023/24.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: TLDSS
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||FREE|
|19 - 23||FREE|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.