Course Code: UX2791
Subject area: Engineering, Automotive & Marine
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Higher National Certificate
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years
When you'll study: Thursdays, 9.00am - 6.15pm
This HNC is especially suitable for those in full-time employment in the electrical and electronic engineering industry. It is designed to provide you with the sound principles required in electrical and electronic engineering. We will take your natural talents in creative thinking, design and technical know-how and put them to work on a range of projects. As an engineer, you will work at the cutting edge of technology, transforming today’s ideas into tomorrow’s reality.
The course includes the following subjects:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Science
- Digital and Analogue Devices and Circuits
- Project Design and Business Management
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Microprocessor Systems and High-level Programming
We welcome applications from those who have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including science and maths, and one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- a BTEC National Award in a related subject
- an Advanced Apprenticeship
- an NVQ Level 3 in a related subject.
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience
If you have not studied maths at level 3, you will be required to attend a bridging unit prior to the start of the course.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessments will be through a mixture of coursework and examinations.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the second year of the FdSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering Foundation Degree at the College, following the completion of 40 credits of additional short course study
- a career within the electrical and electronic industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UX2791
A Full Course Fee: £3700
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.