Course Code: DEI2
Subject area: Construction & the Building Trades
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: City & Guilds, Diploma
Course type: Full-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Two-three days per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm
The electrotechnical industry offers an exciting career path in a diverse and expanding field. From domestic work to major engineering projects, study in this area can lead to varied career with excellent pay!
City College Plymouth’s level 2 qualification is ideal for new entrants to the industry and will provide you with the basic skills and experience you need for further study or to begin your career. You could also use the course as a stepping stone to an electrotechnical Apprenticeship programme.
This course covers the following topics:
- health and safety in building services engineering
- principles of electrical science
- electrical installation technology
- installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
You will need to have the following qualifications to be accepted onto this course:
- a GCSE in maths at grade 4 (C) or above
- GCSEs in English and science at grade 3 (D) or above.
You will also need to have good practical skills, problem solving skills and written/verbal skills.
You’ll be required to take some practical assessments and exams.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to progress onto:
- the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures)
- the Level 3 Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation/Maintenance.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: DEI2
A Full Course Fee: £1200
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.