Course Code: DEI2
Subject area: Construction & the Building Trades
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: City & Guilds, Diploma
Course type: Full-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Two-three days per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm
The electrotechnical industry offers an exciting career path in a diverse and expanding field. From domestic work to major engineering projects, study in this area can lead to varied career with excellent pay!
City College Plymouth’s level 2 qualification is ideal for new entrants to the industry and will provide you with the basic skills and experience you need for further study or to begin your career. You could also use the course as a stepping stone to an electrotechnical Apprenticeship programme.
This course covers the following topics:
- health and safety in building services engineering
- principles of electrical science
- electrical installation technology
- installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
You will need to have the following qualifications to be accepted onto this course:
- a GCSE in maths at grade 4 (C) or above
- GCSEs in English and science at grade 3 (D) or above.
You will also need to have good practical skills, problem solving skills and written/verbal skills.
You’ll be required to take some practical assessments and exams.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to progress onto:
- the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures)
- the Level 3 Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation/Maintenance.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: DEI2
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.