Are you looking for an EFL course in Plymouth or Devon? EFL stands for English as a Foreign Language and for many international students, studying English in the UK is the first step towards gaining a British academic qualification. We recognise the importance of offering an interesting full-time course, which also prepares you thoroughly for your future study.
Our full-time programme:
- is 15 hours per week
- is very varied and covers the four basic skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, together with grammar, vocabulary development, pronunciation, study skills and culture
- includes group and pair work, internet searches, questionnaire design and delivery, and project work including some visits to local places of interest
- offers entry points throughout the year
- prepares students for entry to Cambridge and IELTS exams
- has a minimum enrolment period of four weeks.
You must be aged 16 years or over. A short essay is requested and a placement test given as part of the application process to ensure you are placed at the right level.
Information on applying is available from the International Office.
There are no exams, but this course will help you to prepare for external English exams such as IELTS.
On successful completion you may progress to academic courses at the College or apply to other institutions for further study.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.