English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Course Code: ESOLFT
Level: 1, 2, E
Subject area: English & Maths
Awarding body: Edexcel
Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Full-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One Year
When you'll study: Various dates and times
This English course at City College Plymouth is ideal for 16 to 19 year olds who want to improve their English to get ready for work in the UK, an Apprenticeship, or a further College study programme. It combines a core programme of ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) with maths, IT, employability skills, work experience and personal social development. You may also have the chance to follow the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme as part of the study programme. You will attend the College four to five days per week.
The course includes a core programme of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), with compulsory units of IT and numeracy. Units available include:
- personal and social development skills (developing self, team work, healthy living, environmental awareness, managing money)
- employability skills (health and safety at work, CV writing, interview skills, careers advice)
- volunteering (advice and guidance)
- work experience placements (within City College Plymouth or local employers)
- enrichment activities (local history, geography, sport, drama, art, photography, music, dance, Duke of Edinburgh awards).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Edexcel ESOL (Entry Levels and Levels 1 or 2)
- GCSEs (English)
- GCSEs (Mathematics)
- Functional Skills in Mathematics
The study programme prepares students for progression on to other courses of further education, Apprenticeships and as a foundation course for further education or employment.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: ESOLFT
A Full Course Fee: £170
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.