Inspection, Testing and Verification
Course Code: PG18/6
Subject area: Construction & the Building Trades
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: Award, City & Guilds
Course type: Short course
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Five days
When you'll study: Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Are you a practising electrician needing to complete inspection and testing training updates in order to achieve City & Guilds 2391? This City & Guilds course at City College Plymouth is for you. The short, one week course is suitable for electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since training or who require update training before progressing. It is also suitable for those with some experience of inspection and testing of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering sectors or those working in allied trades.
The course covers:
- fundamentals of initial verification
- safe working procedures
- initial inspection
- test instrument calibration and accuracy
- test procedures: continuity, insulation, polarity and earth electrode
- test procedures: earth fault loop impedance, RCD and prospective fault current
- calculations for resistance of copper conductors and temperature correction for earth fault loop impedance values.
Assessment consists of a both practical and theory-based test.
On successful completion you may wish to progress to another electrical course at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.