Inspection, Testing and Verification
Course Code: PG50
Subject area: Construction & the Building Trades
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: Award, City & Guilds
Course type: Short course
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One week
When you'll study: Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Are you a practising electrician needing to complete inspection and testing training updates in order to achieve City & Guilds 2394/2395? This City & Guilds 2392 Inspection and Testing Course at City College Plymouth is for you. The short, one-week course is suitable for electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since training or who require update training before progressing to City & Guilds 2394/2395. It is also suitable for those with limited experience of inspection and testing of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering sectors or those working in allied trades.
The course covers:
- fundamentals of initial verification
- safe working procedures
- initial inspection
- test instrument calibration and accuracy
- test procedures: continuity, insulation, polarity and earth electrode
- test procedures: earth fault loop impedance, RCD and prospective fault current
- calculations for resistance of copper conductors and temperature correction for earth fault loop impedance values.
Assessment consists of approximately two hours practical assessment and a one hour and 40 minutes GOLA online assessment.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.