General Patisserie and Confectionery
Course Code: CPC2G
Subject area: Hospitality & Catering
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Qualification: Certificate, City & Guilds
Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Thursdays, 1.00pm - 6.00pm
This course is ideal for those who would like to work as patisserie chefs in the catering and hospitality sector.
You will study the following subject areas:
- investigate the catering and hospitality industry
- food safety in catering
- health and safety in catering and hospitality
- healthier food and special diets
- catering operations, costs and menu planning
- applying workplace skills
- produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- produce paste products
- produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
- produce fermented dough products.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
You will be assessed through practical assessments and online testing (food safety).
Upon successful completion you may progress to the level 3 patisserie and confectionery or hospitality and supervision courses at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)