Do you want a job as a make-up artist in theatre, fashion, film, or TV? Maybe you want to work in a photographic studio or on a make-up counter, or run your own hair and make-up business? This City & Guilds technical certificate in make-up artistry will be a great way to get you there. Studying here at City College Plymouth, you’ll learn about client care and communication, how to apply make-up, hair artistry and how to best showcase designs.
The course covers:
- how to apply basic day and evening make-up
- creating a look based on a theme
- creative make-up artistry for show purposes, including theatrical make-up
- body art design
- spray tanning
- semi-permanent hair colouring, including colouring of a woven weft (hair extension piece)
- photographic make-up application (applying make-up for photo shoots)
- eye treatments, including shaping and tinting of brows and tinting and extending of lashes
- client care and communication.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, however if you have not achieved a grade 4 in GCSE Maths and English you will expected to work towards this alongside the course.
You will be assessed by an end of year online theory exam or a written assignment. You will also undergo practical assessments on your fellow students or members of the public.
Upon successful completion you may progress to a level 3 hair and beauty course at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Developing her passion into a careerRead Success Story