Health and Social Care
Course Code: UF5032, UX5032
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Foundation Degree
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two year (full-time), three years (part-time)
When you'll study: Tuesday and Wednesdays, 9.30am - 5.30pm
Are you looking for a local degree level course in health and social care that can be studied part-time or full-time? This Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care will focus on some of the complex issues underpinning the provision of health and social care within the UK today. Renewed emphasis is placed on raising the awareness of dementia and mental health with dedicated opportunities for you to pursue meaningful and relevant research in the field alongside your own professional practice. The course is designed to meet the needs of those employed in base-line caring roles, or volunteers seeking to improve their own knowledge and understanding via continued professional development. You should be a passionate and caring individual who seeks to contribute to raising overall quality care standards by improving your own professional practice and sharing ideas with others in the field. This is a two year course if studied full-time and three year course if studied part-time.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- dementia awareness
- mental health issues and wellbeing
- psychological perspectives in health and social care
- research design and inquiry (health and social care)
- sociological perspectives in health and social care
- issues of leadership and management
- person centred practice – holistic care
- examination of legislation and quality protocols/standards
- personal professional practice portfolio.
We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, to include English and maths
- equivalent qualifications
- relevant work experience (minimum or six hours per week).
Should entry requirements not be met, individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through a mixture of practical assessments, in-class tests, coursework, reflective practice, presentations and seminars.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the one year top-up BSc (Hons) Community and Public Service Management (Healthcare) at the College
- the one year BSc (Hons) Sociology top-up degree at the University of Plymouth (subject to approval)
- employment in the public or private sector as a Health and Social Care worker
- working with local, regional or national authorities in the improvement and maintenance of health and social care.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UF5032
A Full Course Fee: £6950
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17||This course is not usually available to this age group. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone reception on 01752 305 300 for advice.|
|18 - 23||A|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.