Health (Supporting Healthcare – Supporting the Adult Nursing Team)
Course Code: TLHTH
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: NCFE
Qualification: T Level
Course type: Full-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years
When you'll study: Four days per week
If you see your future career as having a positive impact on the lives of others, healthcare is the sector for you. As people live for longer there is a larger need than ever for talented and compassionate individuals to train as highly skilled healthcare workers.
The occupational specialism you will study as part of this T Level is supporting adult nursing.
T Levels are a brand-new qualification aimed at school leavers which are designed to give you a head start towards the future you want. They follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three A Levels.
Designed with employers, including the NHS, on this two year course you will spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% on a 45-day work placement which will give you the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for.
Your T Level will help you to step straight into your chosen career, an Apprenticeship or a degree.
You will develop a general understanding of health and care and will study:
- working within the healthcare sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
- providing person-centred care
- infection prevention and control
- assisting the adult nursing team with clinical tasks
- supporting individuals to meet activities of daily living
- assisting with skin integrity assessments and with the care and treatment of skin conditions.
In order to be successful on this course you will need one or more of the following:
- five GCSEs at grades 9-4 (you must have achieved a minimum of a grade 5 in English, maths and science)
- a BTEC level 2 certificate or equivalent graded merit or above
- successful completion of an Apprenticeship programme.
This course is currently only available for 16 to 18-year-olds.
Assessment will be through written and practical examinations, employer projects, group work, presentations and analysis.
On successful completion of the T Level you may progress to:
- the Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care at the College
- university-level study in a related subject, including nursing, at institutions throughout the UK
- an Apprenticeship
- employment in a variety of jobs, for example: healthcare assistant, operating theatre assistant; support worker.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2022/23 (August 2022 – July 2023). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2023/24.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: TLHTH
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||This course is free for this age groupFREE|
|19 - 23||AFREE|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.