Do you need training for a job as a chef, restaurant manager, hospitality manager, or other kitchen role in the hospitality and catering industry? The City & Guilds Level 2 Food Preparation and Service course at City College Plymouth covers the required skills and knowledge for preparing to work in the hospitality and catering industry. It is designed to meet the needs of those who work, or want to work, in the industry and will give you a taste of the various areas in which you can focus your career. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work at external events all around Plymouth; last year’s highlights included MTV Crashes Plymouth and Flavour Fest.
This course includes the following subjects:
- maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- prepare and clear areas for counter and takeaway service
- maintain food safety when serving, preparing, cooking and serving food
- prepare and clear areas for, and provide table service
- provide a silver service
- cleaning and servicing a range of housekeeping areas
- set up and close a kitchen
- prepare and present food for presentation
- produce basic dishes using a variety of ingredients.
In order to be successful on this course, you will need to have achieved a level 1 qualification or have a basic knowledge or and interest in hospitality and catering.
Upon successful completion, you may be able to progress to a level 3 hospitality and catering course at the College. Alternatively, you may want to consider an Intermediate Apprenticeship or move directly into employment.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.
Course Code: PCH
A Full Course Fee: £999
B Reduced Course Fee (for eligible students): £0
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): £25
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.