Calling all international students! If you want to study at a UK university but you don’t currently meet the academic or English language entry requirements for your chosen course, this six month full-time international foundation course is available as either a business or science pathway. It has been specifically designed to be a pathway to higher education in the UK for international students. Students from countries with a 12 year education system in particular, such as Vietnam, Russia, China and Korea, will need to take this foundation course before entry to university in the UK.
All students study English for academic purposes, study skills and maths, and in addition they choose to follow one of two pathways. You will have a choice of business, or science depending on which subjects you wish to study at university. Each pathway consists of three modules:
Business Pathway Modules
- Understanding Business
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Business Law
Science Pathway Modules
- Advanced Maths
- Biology or Physics
- You should have completed and performed well in your school leaving examinations, achieving a minimum of five subjects at the equivalent of GCSE grade 4 (C) or above
- You will need to have an IELTS of 5.0 (or equivalent qualification)
- The course is designed for students aged 17 and over on commencement of the course
- Information on applying is available from the International Office.
Your overall grades will be determined by a combination of coursework and examinations. You will also be prepared and entered for an IELTS test as part of the course.
Successful students have a guaranteed place on a suitable degree course at the University of Plymouth, but are also able to choose to apply to any university in the UK. You also have the option of staying at City College Plymouth to study for a Foundation Degree, for which scholarships are available.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2017/18 (August 2017 – July 2018). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2018/19.