If you want to work in a spa, a health resort and enhance your skills as a therapist, this could be the course for you. This advanced qualification will equip you with the specialist skills and knowledge required to perform a traditional Indian head massage. You will learn to execute the practical techniques of this Ayurvedic therapy and study theory for health and safety in the salon, client care and promoting products and services to clients.
This qualification covers a wide range of skills and knowledge required for performing Indian head massage, including:
- how to provide an Indian head massage
- anatomy and physiology
- how to monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- how to promote and sell products and services to clients.
In order to start this course you will need any of the following:
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy
- relevant industry experience
- 5 GCSEs, A-C or 4-9 including science, maths and English or equivalent (adult applicants may be exempt from this requirement)
Students will need to demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm in the subject.
You will be assessed via four internally marked practical observations, two externally set exam papers and an assignment portfolio.
Upon successful completion you may progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology, the Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy or the Level 3 Certificate in Stone Therapy. You will also be qualified to become a self-employed therapist.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)