Do you have a quality assurance role in the assessment of teaching and learning? Are you looking for a qualification or training that will help you with internal quality assurance (often referred to as internal QA)? This qualification is required to meet the emerging needs of the developing qualification frameworks and to reflect changes in the practice of assessment and quality assurance. Each of the units covers the essential knowledge and understanding that internal quality assures require. The qualification consists of three pathways:
- Edexcel Level 4 in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
- Edexcel Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
- Edexcel Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
This qualification contains three individual pathways:
- a knowledge-only route for those who just want to know about internal QA but who do not actually do it, for example managers or assessors
- a route for those who internally quality assure assessors and assessment, but who do not manage the centre or other internal quality assurers
- a route for those who have wider quality assurance responsibilities and manage others, develop policies or manage internal quality assurance visits
Entry requirements will depend on your existing experience/knowledge and access to students/quality assurance opportunities. However, you will complete a skills scan prior to enrolment to determine the exact entry requirements.
You will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence, demonstrating a range of activities involving supporting and monitoring assessors and carrying out quality assurance of vocational assessment.
Progression will depend on the particular award you take – this may include progressing to achieve either one or two additional units (depending on your particular job role within quality assurance).
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: AIQA
A Full Course Fee: £675
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.