Calling all international students seeking to study a UK Masters programme! This exciting new international pre-Masters course has been developed in response to demand from international partners to provide access to Masters programmes within the UK. City College Plymouth has designed the programme to ensure that students are prepared in terms of subject knowledge, academic reading and writing skills, and study skills to enable you to progress and be successful at Masters degree level. So, why should you choose a Pre-Masters at City College Plymouth? You will normally be taught in small groups with individual and group tutorial support. Our IELTS requirement is 5.5. Tuition fees are lower than most universities.
You will be prepared in terms of subject knowledge, academic reading and writing skills, and study skills to enable you to progress and be successful at Masters degree level.Modules include:
- research methods
- english for academic purposes
- university study skills
- business management
- economics and finance
- a research project.
You can apply for this programme if you:
- have a third class degree, or equivalent, in any discipline
- have a three-year diploma in a business related area from a recognised university or College with some relevant work experience for Masters level study, which could include experience gained from part-time work or from a placement/internship
- meet the normal entry criteria for a Masters, but wish to take the Pre-Masters Course as a preparatory course for study in a UK university.
You will also be required to hold a recognised English language qualification with 5.5 in IELTS overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all modules (or an IELTS equivalent).
Information on applying for the Pre-Masters course is available from the International Office – firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be required to undertake a research project, coursework and exams.
City College Plymouth is a partner College of the University of Plymouth and this programme has been designed in collaboration with the University to facilitate progression to one of the following Masters Degree programmes:
- MSc Business and Management (MBM)
- MSc Marketing Management and Strategy
- MA Human Resource Management
- MA in Finance
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.