Course Code: LOM
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: City & Guilds
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime, Evening
Duration: One year
When you'll study: Assessed learning - learning delivered and assessed in the workplace
This NVQ qualification covers all the essential skills and knowledge required to ensure that goods reach their destinations safely and efficiently, including:
- supervising the receipt
- storage or dispatch of goods
- ensuring smooth international road transport operations
- responding to problems in logistics operations.
To achieve the certificate you must complete a minimum of 21 credits – nine mandatory and 12 optional units.
- make an effective contribution to a business in logistics operations
- health, safety and security at work (mandatory)
- optimise the use of logistics resources (mandatory)
- improve performance in logistics operations (mandatory)
- provide leadership for your team in logistics operations
- allocate and check work in your team in logistics operations
- maintain the safety and security of hazardous goods and materials in logistics operations
- supervise the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
- minimise the environmental impact of logistics operations
- arrange the transportation of goods using multiple transport modes
- schedule logistics operations to meet customers’ requirements
- international road transport operations
- contribute to the provision of customer service in logistics operations
- ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements in logistics operations
- respond to problems in logistics operations
- apply technology in logistics operations.
In order to be successful on this course, you must be employed in the logistics sector. You should also have a degree of autonomy and be working at a supervisory or team-leading level within logistics operations.
There are no exams. You will be expected to build a portfolio of evidence using an electronic system (Onefile).
Upon successful completion you may progress onto supervision, team leading and management qualifications.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)