Our vital industries such as engineering and manufacturing need talented and highly skilled individuals to help keep them moving forwards and ready to respond to an ever-changing world, with well-paid and rewarding career opportunities as a result.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in maintenance, installation and repair for engineering and manufacturing and will allow you to develop an overall understanding of these industries.
T Levels are a brand-new qualification designed to give you a head start towards the future you want. They follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three A Levels.
This two-year T Level qualification brings classroom and work placement together on a course designed with employers and businesses to ensure the content meets the needs of industry and successfully prepares you for work.
You’ll spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% on a 45-day placement to give you the skills and knowledge employers are looking for.
Your T Level will help you to step straight into your chosen career, an Apprenticeship or a degree.
The qualification will help you gain an understanding of the engineering industry, and you will cover topics such as:
- maintenance, installation and repair requirements
- fault detection and diagnosis
- isolation and resolution methods
- communication for maintenance, installation and repair activities
You will have the choice of studying one standalone occupational specialism as listed below:
- electrical and electronic engineering.
As part of this course, you will complete an industry placement that will last approximately 45 to 50 days.
In our experience, to be successful on this level of programme you will need an appropriate functional level in English and maths to be able to fulfil the coursework requirements. We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following:
- five GCSEs at grades 9-4 with a minimum of a grade 5 in maths and a 4 in English
- a BTEC Level 2 certificate or equivalent graded merit or above
- successful completion of an Apprenticeship programme.
This course is currently only for 16 to 18-year-olds.
Assessment will be through written and practical examinations, employer projects, group work, presentations and analysis.
On successful completion of the T Level you may progress to:
- The following Foundation Degrees: Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Marine Autonomous Vehicles, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Naval Architecture, all of which are taught at the College
- university-level study in a related subject at institutions throughout the UK
- an Apprenticeship
- employment in a variety of jobs, for example, accident repair technician; maintenance and operation engineering technician.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2022/23 (August 2022 – July 2023). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2023/24.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: TLMIEM
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18||FREE|
|19 - 23||FREE|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.