The aim of this NVQ is to:
- develop/expand your understanding of management and leadership
- develop your skills and competence in management and leadership
- prepare you for employment in a management and leadership role
- develop your skills and competence in the workplace
- continue your professional development.
On successful achievement of the NVQ you will achieve a high quality, nationally recognised qualification.
To achieve the NVQ you must complete a minimum of 53 credits. This will consist of the following mandatory units:
- contribute to the development of a strategic plan
- design business processes
- manage strategic change
- provide leadership and management.
In addition, you will be able to select from a wide range of optional units appropriate to your specific job role, for example: establish business risk management problems, manage product/service development, develop and maintain professional networks.
You will achieve the course thorough distance learning with the support of an assessor who will carry out regular assessment visits and reviews.
There are no specific entry requirements. However, you will need to have a good level of English and also be in a job role operating at a management strategic level to enable you to achieve the specified level and criteria of the qualification.
Your portfolio (e-portfolio) of evidence will be demonstrated through a range of on-the-job assessment methods, including observation, professional discussion, reflective statements, witness testimonies, oral questions, research/self-study, written questions and distance learning.
Upon successful completion you may be able to progress to the Business Management Foundation Degree at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.