Course Code: MTK29
Subject area: Business, Management & HR
Awarding body: City College Plymouth
Qualification: College Certificate
Course type: Short course
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: One day
When you'll study: Tuesdays or Fridays, 9.00am - 4.30pm
Are you a team leader or new manager looking for an introduction to management training? This one day course is designed to develop the skills of new managers or team leaders. It will enable you to work effectively and efficiently to support and motivate your team to high performance. Students will identify some of the typical characteristics and traits of successful leaders and how to use different leadership styles while understanding team dynamics. You will also cover how to plan activities, develop motivation strategies and give constructive feedback to your team.
The course will focus on the key aspects of leading an effective and productive team.Objective and outcomes:
- Learn to recognise the characteristics and qualities of an effective leader
- Understand when and how to use different leadership styles and approaches
- Understand the importance of team dynamics
- Learn how to plan activities
- Know how to give constructive feedback
- Develop strategies for motivating your team.
- The role and responsibilities of a team leader
- Different approaches to leadership
- Understanding team dynamics
- Setting performance targets and monitoring outcomes
- Motivating and supporting the team
- Giving feedback.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
There is no assessment for this course.
On successful completion, you may progress to other business and management workshops at the College.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: MTK29
A Full Course Fee: £149
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 2 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.